Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ye are the light of the world

29 DAYS PEOPLE. 29 DAYS!! 

Its actually INSANE to think that forever ago I was singing about wanting to be a missionary, and thinking that in 29 days I will be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I cannot believe its all happening so so fast! 

This journey has been crazy... (long)... It started when I was little wanting to be a missionary. Then I grew up...kinda ;)... and started attending seminary and KNEW I wanted to be a missionary and I couldn't wait to graduate high school and get out there. Then when I thought everything was falling into my grand plan of my life BAM the mission age changed.. 18 for boys & 19 for girls. WAHOOOO I was pumped and it literally made me want to get on a plane and leave the next day. So you can only imagine what it was like to beg my bishop to help me open my papers and get the ball rolling.. and yes I did finish all my paperwork (not the doctors or dental) in one day. the same day I got permission to start, I had finished. 

Moving to Logan, UT to start my freshman year of college was unreal. I seriously felt like I was shipped off to a long camp with 7 awesome girls to room with. I love each and every one of them and I can't thank them enough for having to deal with all my pre-mission anxiety.

I was getting doctors visits, dental appointments and everything completed while being a student at Utah State and being involved with my sorority and friends. (Crazy would be an understatement for how I felt)

FINALLY my call was sent, processed, and in the mail. My grandfather calls me and lets me know that it was in the mail finally and thats when the guessing game just blew up. I was excited and nervous because basically for the 18 years of my life I knew I'd continue to live my life in a way that would allow me to serve a mission, and I was finally about to find out where I'd be serving for 18 months.

Then school ended, bags were packed, and I was on the longest drive & flight back to Texas. I'd be able to stay until March 4 ( I report March 5, 2014)

Now I am just getting ready, and counting down the days! Thanks to everyone who has influenced me and helped shaped me into the person I am today, I seriously wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this gospel and I cannot wait to go share the good news to the lovely people of Veracruz, Mexico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment