Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day

This week was different. We had divisions and I was RIGHT on the beach. Like literally we ran on the beach in the morning, but it was only for about a day and a half. The next day we had a sister meeting where all the sisters of the Veracruz mission met.   It was a celebration because of Mother's Day and all that good stuff. It was super spiritual and beautiful. We even got to watch a little bit of Frozen and the story of Esther. 

Unfortunately my companion and I were pretty sick this week, but we still saw miracles and progress with our investigators. We had 2 girls come up to us and say that they want to be baptized. We are so thankful for the people and experiences the Lord blesses us with. 

The elders had a baptism and we were there to help.  After the service we taught her how to read and write in Spanish! She is so sweet and such an example to me. 

Mother's Day here was BEAUTIFUL. Flowers, cards, candy EVERYWHERE! It is always celebrated on March 10th no matter what day of the week it falls on.  So I got to Skype with my mom a day early, Saturday.  The holiday is HUGE in Mexico because they associate the day with the virgin Mary.  We bought some little treats for some ladies in the ward that are our "mommies". 

I love you mommy and thank you for everything you do for me! Thanks for being my hero everyday and for choosing me to be your daughter! 

I want to thank everyone for the prayers and hope you know that you are always in mine! There are hard days, but they are there to make you appreciate the next day better. I love the people and the gospel! 

I was able to bear my testimony on Sunday, in church, on the Book of Mormon. I know that it is the most accurate book in the world. I learn something new every time I read it. It was written for our day and we should abide by its teachings. Joseph Smith translated it through the power and authority of God. He was a prophet of God and through revelation he restored the church. The same church that Christ had established when He was on the Earth. We are so lucky to be able to have this knowledge. 

Many investigators ask us many different questions but the most common this week was more about why we are on missions. It was really impactful for them to hear that we leave EVERYTHING for 18 months - 2 years to be here for them. The spirit that we felt was indescribable when they really realized what that meant. 


I love you all, hope you are enjoying life, and staying healthy and strong. Keep up the good work and be the best you can be! Remember that everyday is a gift and we should do all we can to make the BEST of everyday! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Blankmeyer






















No comments:

Post a Comment