Friday, April 4, 2014

DAVID ARCHULETA!! WHHAT??

"Your faith will perform miracles, especially when you get your hands and feet involved." -Spencer W. Kimball

I love quotes and especially this one because this week was full of wonderful things!

Sunday is literally my favorite day here. We had fast and testimony meeting and the spirit was so strong in that room. Music and the Spoken Word was great and so was relief society. Our speaker was Cheryl C. Lant and she had a TON of wonderful things to talk about that I cannot wait to use in Mexico! We had TONS of study time here at the CCM for fast sunday and I loved it! I love reading my scriptures and PMG and finding ways to help my investigators learn more. We have 3. Two are our teachers and one is a USU Eastern Professor who is a VERY learned man. He has pretty much read ALL of the Torah, Bible, Quran (sorry I can't spell thanks to Spanish), but he's pretty much read every religious text ever and he's studied it in depth. I was so excited to teach him because he yearns for knowledge. For our Sunday devotional we had .... wait for it.... RICHARD ELLIOT! He's the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Organist and he brought one of his friends....DAVID ARCHULETA! He literally just got back from serving in the Chile Mission and he came and sang to us, bore his testimony and more. It was like a private concert from the best accompanist and singer, and every girl was fangirling it up and it was great! But really the spirit was so strong while it was all happening and I've never been so excited to go share my message to those of Veracruz!

Monday was great. We taught a new lady named Nayelli (she's super cute and I love her) she is from Mexico! Hermana Bingham and I love her sweet spirit and she is progressing wonderfully. 
We also answered one of Javier's hard hard questions. Just imagine a room of 2 young hermanas, ones 19 the other is 20, a very learned man and a hard question oh and you have to answer in spanish. I was so scared that it wasn't going to be good enough but in my opening prayer I had asked for us to teach with claridad y simple. HE GOT IT! The spirit does WONDERS! He said he's asked a lot of missionaries that question and others and hasn't been satisfied with any answer but we tried our best and got the spirit involved which really did help him and thats all we could want. 

Tuesday was wonderful because we had DEVOTIONAL! We also are teaching people from Spain over skype (they are members) and we have the opportunity to share a message and get to learn more about them and their needs. I love tuesdays! Also in the choir we were told that we need to triple the size (because no ones at the MTC/CCM) due to the timing of it being in the middle of the semester and things. But seriously THERE ARE IMPORTANT PEOPLE COMING!!! they need a huge choir. A little birdy told me that they are gonna be some of Thomas S. Monson's best friends... if that doesn't make you wanna come to choir I dont know what will. 

Every day of the week we learn something new, or get a question I've never asked myself, and it's truly wonderful to have the opportunity to study and get the experiences I'm having. Also everyday that the weather is below 80 I think (10) more days until I'm never gonna want my jacket again. 

We also had a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE happen. On Wednesday we were getting ready to do TALL (Spanish study) and we had to write our branch president. There was a couple looking for some elderes that never showed up to teach them. We started talking to them about Veracruz, food, mexico, life, what we are doing and more! Then... we loved speaking to them so much we asked if we could teach them more about the gospel we are sharing... 2 more investigators and literally I've never been so excited. Its crazy that now we have 6 investigators! Most missionaries don't get this opportunity so I'm super thankful!

My spanish has been increasingly getting better but I know it'll be crazy when I'm actually IN mexico. 

I invite you ALL to watch a session of General Conference and have a question in mind. Take notes from the things you hear and FEEL! I promise your questions will be answered and you will be blessed! 

I LOVE this gospel and everyday I'm becoming more and more converted into it and I love every second of it! I cannot believe that tomorrow will be my MONTH mark! I only have 17 months left and I already want it to start slowing down. 


Te Amo mucho! Yo sé que el Evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero! Por favor escribeme!

Con Amor...
Hermana Blankmeyer



No comments:

Post a Comment