Tuesday, May 20, 2014

President Harold B. Lee said, "There is only one day that you and I have to live for, and that's today. There is nothing we can do about yesterday except repent, and there may be no tomorrow. The thing for us to do when we arise from our beds as God gives us a new day, is to take whatever comes to our hands, and do it to the best of our ability." -Harold B. Lee

So I hate to say it but again this week was us getting sick. We still continued to work, because we basically will work until the day we work ourselves to death because that is how strongly we both feel that the people here need to feel Christ and our loving care for them. 

We ran into Paola (the 19 year old with 2 sons and a boyfriend) and she said her boyfriend wants to get married! yeah!!  We are trying everything we can to help plan the wedding and such. I love her so much. She is such a sweetheart. We just need her sister Jazmin (18 with 2 sons and a boyfriend) to have her boyfriend agree to marriage. He says he doesn't want to because divorce papers are a lot to go through... (wrong thing to think about when you are wanting to get married)

We did a lot of service this week. More like random acts of kindness to people here. It really helps me think of what the Savior would do if He were walking the streets of Mexico. 

I got the package y'all sent me on the 14th! It had everything in it and THANK YOU!!

I shared a scripture with America. (1 Nefi 3:7, And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the thing which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them)  She is preparing to go on a mission and she started her papers. I told her about how I felt kinda nervous about being called anywhere- because the world is a big place- but then I read that scripture before opening my call, and when I read Mexico I felt peace and a sense of "I can do this". She will make a great missionary.

We ended up going to the hospital one day.  My companion felt nauseous for 4 days straight and turns out she has an infection in her kidneys. She is fine now and has medicine but that took 2 days out of the week that we would have worked. I have a rare type of sore throat but they have me on meds and it doesn't hurt but I still sound like a man so that's fun. However, that night when we were home listening to hymns, I read Alma 26:30, "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some." and it really helped us both. The spirit was super strong in that moment. 

Sunday we got ready for church.  The elders, Hermana Guerra and I had a baptism! We were super happy for her! It was cool too because since we didn't work on Saturday, we didn't have anyone to walk with for church. But while we were in companionship study before church a lady called us on the phone and asked where everyone was for church. She was a contact from the elders they had given her our number, she was there 30 min early. So we quickly finished and went to church. I love the ward here. There was this one day where the food appointment canceled on us, after we spent 30 min walking trying to find it. But some other Hermana in the ward heard about it and told us that no matter what, if there is a day we go without food we go to her house and eat. The love that the ward members show us has been amazing. 

There was also a Young Women meeting last night in Pachugo, Mexico with Sister Reeves. It was broadcast to the church building and we were able to attend. The things that Sister Reeves shared were marvelous. 

Windy and hot days are what we get here.  But I'll take anything as long as I am here sharing the gospel with the Latino people. 

Love you all. Miss you all. Pray for you all. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Blankmeyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment