Tuesday, May 27, 2014

TODAY is the day to get it done!




This is the Huerrera family on the day Veronica got baptized.  I feel a lot of love from them. The Dad always makes me feel like what I am teaching or saying is the most important thing because he repeats it to everyone.  I love this family so much.

"For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors." -Alma 34:32

So this week I had interviews with the President! I saw the huge stack of newbies that come in tomorrow! Crazy how time flies, and how that was my last interview with Presidente Treviño. I have learned so much from him and his family, and they are like my own. It is sad to see him leave but I know many great things are ahead as he will serve as an Area Seventy. 

My "miracles" this week are Paola, Ruben, Armando and familia, and finally Mario y Glatis. I feel like I am here for them specifically.   Each one has a unique need or circumstance and I am sure that I am a tool in the Lord's hands to help each of them for a different reason. 

Paola can't put the Book of Mormon down! She is my age and has 2 sweet little boys. Her boyfriend and her are working on getting married! She is so excited to be baptized. 

Ruben, is the dad of Diana Laura, when we met him he said there are 2 rules in his house. The first one is NO ONE talks about religion and the other no one talks about politics. But look at where we are at, his 13 year old daughter is now a member; baptized last month.  Amazingly he is trying to learn more about the gospel. He is really a great dad and he even offered to have us over for a meal. They are a great family and I feel incredibly happy for them. 

Armando it is actually hard to find time to teach him, but his wife is ALWAYS home and listens to our message. She really wants to have her family for all time and eternity, and she should because she has a wonderful family. Even a sweet 2 year old girl. 

Mario is 13 and really is a great kid. He reminds me of Erik and that is why I love teaching him. 

Glatis is also a wonderful lady. She really wants to learn more about the church, and does everything she can to learn more and fulfill the commitments she makes with us. 

Some elders were joking about Hermana Guerra (my companion) leaving the area.  Then they said that it would be a "whitewash", which is when we both leave in the middle of the training and new people come in. It was a joke but I feel so attached to these people here that I felt sad at first when they said that.  I AT LEAST want to be here for the wonderful miracles we have seen in the people and families lives as they come unto Christ.  I would love to continue to see the lives of all that we teach change and to see them baptized.  But I know that The Lord knows whats best for me, even if I don't get to see them get baptized.   I am pretty sure I will be here for at least 6 more weeks! 

On Saturday we worked like DOGS. Ironic because many dogs were angry with us this day too.   But, anyway we literally had SO MANY people to meet with that we left 2 hours earlier just to have time for everyone.   We even had NEW people to meet with. It would take forever to write about each experience but, that's what my journals for, which is almost full already. 

I love it here more and more each day. Especially the rainy days, weird huh? (most of you know I'm not a fan of rain) I mean its a break from the sun, not from the sweat and humidity but still something about rainy days on the mission makes me really happy. 

The ward is outstanding and I can feel my love for each member increase as they start to have more confidence in me.  I know this is exactly where I am needed.  I try to live everyday as I should so I may be able to help others from the minute I leave the apartment until I return. 

Love you all, you are in my prayers and hope all is well! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Blankmeyer 

(I was told I was an honorary Mexican, pretty much the BEST compliment you could ever receive as a gringa.  They also say I have "blonde" hair, funny I guess the Mexican sun has bleached it a little.)

No comments:

Post a Comment