Monday, December 15, 2014

EXAMPLE

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12 

****BEFORE I FORGET: PLEASE FAST & PRAY FOR MORE MISSIONARY EXPERIENCES!!****

Last Pday we got permission to watch Ephraim's Rescue, which is a TOTALLY good movie, so if your'e bored this holiday season, might as well watch that with some popcorn like I did :) 

We visited Maria and read the Book of Mormon with her, she loved the story of Nephi chapter 3, and we invited her to finish reading and also read chapter 4! We love visiting her and reading the book of mormon with her. We also visited Janeth, and showed her the He is the Gift video.  We talked about how her parents really need help because they have no money for food she is worried for them.   She hopes they understand that this is a trial of their faith and they need to trust in the Lord and He will provide according to their works and faith. We also visited Rosa, and we talked about the Plan of Salvation. I bore my testimony knowing that one day she will be in heaven with her child who she had a miscarriage with and be able to continue to be its mother in heaven and be with her family forever. She loved it and believed it, but we think she isn't progressing like some others so we are not sure what we need to do to help her. 

The family home evening we planned for the ward was on love. God showed His love by giving His Son (John 3:16) -> Jesus Christ showed His love by atoning for our sins (1 Nephi 19:9) -> and we can show our love by loving and obeying the commandments of God (John 13:34-35). Then we played do you love your neighbor? It was super fun and we had a lot of discussion :)

We visited Griselle and showed her He is the Gift and she loved it and said she would be at church this week. We showed the less active Perez family it too and they came to church on sunday :)

We sang in the church choir and I played the piano, then we visited Carmen and taught her the Word of Wisdom and she committed to living it, along with the other girls. 

We finally got in contact with a guy named Luis Miguel and he told us that he has been to church and read a bit of the Book of Mormon its just the environment where he lives isn't exactly "worthy". We are planning on going to visit with him and answer anymore questions he may have. We also visited Kareli and we taught her the Word of Wisdom, but with help because the young girls were on a date and were helping us teach, which was really fun :) 

We went with the Bishop and first counselor to visit Guadalupe. They kinda just took it away and talked to her and helped calm her fears and worries. She will try to repent and forgive before her baptismal date, we hope and pray she can overcome this before then. 

I got the calendar yall sent me on Friday and I loved it! Thanks so much:) I also got the Christmas card from the Smith's, Thank you both so much. I love you! 

Something totally awesomely inspiring happened on Friday.   We had an appointment with the recent convert, the Gomez family, because they are reaching their year mark when they can enter the temple and be sealed as a family. We planned on reading a bit of the Proclamation to the World.  We had an awesome member who just recently got to be sealed to her family, come talk about her experience. They weren't home so we went to Anabel. We sat there planning on watching He is the Gift with them, but we ended up talking about how they did service at the hospital by giving gifts to kids. she told us how her husband talked about how the mormon church is the only good church.   I handed her the proclamation that was in my lap for them to read since we know they want to get married on Valentine's day, and sister Deranges talked about her story.   Anabel has a son who has leukemia and she talked about how its hard sometimes.   Sister Durantes talked about how her daughter got in an accident and was in a coma for 3 months, the spirit was so strong and everyone was crying. I talked about how I know families can be together forever and I am not worried about anyone in my family leaving because I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for them.   We will see them again and it will be amazing because they will be perfect and it will be for eternity. (At the end Anabel talked about how I looked a lot like a barbie, Ariel from the Little mermaid, then Sister Hanson goes "NO!! SHE LOOKS LIKE ANA FROM FROZEN!!" Then Anabel got her son who is sick and asked him to shake "Ana's hand" and he was shy so I sang "Do you wanna build a snowman?" and his face just lit up. It was the cutest thing ever.)

Carmen and Karleli and them were at church and it was super awkward when people from the stake talked about how we had no investigators at church when we had 6... they just didn't raise their hands when she asked who was investigating the church because they were not sure what that meant... also in the year 2014, Layton (as a stake) had 27 baptisms and the Layton 3rd ward contributed 14 of them! How awesome is that:) Hispanics are the best. 

I have to say Congrats to the newly weds! and 
Happy BIRTHDAY MOMMY & ABBY!!  

Also... Transferssssss, I'M LEAVING LAYTON :( I will have to say goodbye tonight to all of my progressing investigators and members who I love dearly because I am going to..... 
ROSE PARK.  I am super excited and I will be a co-senior companion with Hermana Gonzalez.  I am sad to leave an AWESOME area and the investigators who put themselves on date for baptism, but maybe I can attend and go on splits and see them get baptized, but if not its okay. 

Sorry I don't know my new address.  However, I am sure I will find out soon.   For now send everything to the mission home, it is the safest bet because I will be pretty close to there now.

Utah Salt Lake City Mission
1535 South Edison Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84115-1625

 

Con Amor, 
Hermana Blankmeyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment