Friday, April 4, 2014

March 29th Thanks for the Prayers!

"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it- or use it for good, but what I do today is important, because I am exchanging a day of my life for it! When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, and not loss; good, and not evil; success, and not failure, in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it." -Dr. Hartsell Wilson

I thought that I might start of with that quote so hope yall dont mind that. First off I'd like to say CONGRATS TO THE NEWLY WEDS!! Love you both and I'm so happy for you and I'd love to see pics cause you know..cant really get on the internet much here so please & thank you.

So this week I had a new investigator named Javier! I love getting new people to teach! 

Tuesday was a good day because we had lunch with another investigator named Nayelli and we sang in the choir! Elder Ellis spoke and it was way cool because afterwards, I went and shook his hand and showed him that I followed through with what I said at zone conference in Texas with me being here and he said I'd do great things in Mexico and he said he was happy I finally got my nametag! 

WE GOT NEW ELDERÉS!!!!! On wednesday! We are so excited! There are 4 and they are all going to Argentina! My companion and I were called to be Sister Training Leaders so we got to welcome them with the district leaders! They're great and will be awesome missionaries!

I found a lot of awesome things in my personal study everyday but my favorite scripture right now is Matthew 18:20.

So one of my teachers taught Elder Archuleta and that was a huge fan girl moment for me but then ended quickly. Cars honk at us all the time while we pass the street and it literally scares me so bad everytime. 

Last night I was at the E.R. for stomach pains and while I was sitting in the waiting room there was a college aged young man who came with his grandparents and asked Hermana Bingham and I if we would be kind enough to go over and talk to them because his grandpa just had a stroke and he needed to hear about having faith and hope. Hermana Bingham had just shared with me a scripture in Mosiah on that subject and she went to go talk to him. When she was over there, a man in a suit came up and asked if I wanted a blessing. After he left, another lady came up and started talking to me and said she served in Puerto Rico and her husband went to argentina. She was giving me so much hope and comfort. I cannot thank her enough for all that she did. 

I'm feeling much better they never said what the cause was but they can guess it was the MTC food... 

Thank you all for your prayers and for your letters! I love you all! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Blankmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment