Monday, July 7, 2014

Oh Creaciones del Señor

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." -Matthew 18:3

Well another week has passed, filled with spiritual experiences, laughs, and jaw dropping experiences. I went out with the Hermanas from my stake, in the spanish branch, and we were able to contact a lot of people and share messages with some, and offer service to others. These hermanas are so sweet and have such pure hearts. It was a little weird at first not being able to introduce myself as Hermana Blankmeyer, but we hopefully don't have to wait too long until thats my name again. We went to one house for dinner and we had a funny experience with some movers that came to help them with their car, and they couldn't believe that 3 white girls on the side of the street knew how to speak spanish with them! It was quite the contact but they were all really nice. We ate at a members house, some yummy authentic enchiladas and then we were late for another appointment so we had to leave and the elders gave the spiritual thought.

We went to the other appointment and it was a house with 5 guys! All over 16, and all from...VERACRUZ! NO PUEDE SER! They worked together and all left their families around 4 months ago so they could have a job here and be able to help their families out. When I told them that I was in veracruz I think the earth shook a little when they screamed, shouted, clapped, and cheered. The hermanas made them chili, since its against texas policy to live here and not eat Texas Chili. But they provided the tortillas, agua de melon, tortilla chips, and their home. We talked a lot about veracruz, and missions. Only 2 of the guys are members, so it was super cool! We taught them about having a question and giving a sacrifice in order to gain the answer to their question. It was really neat!

For the Fourth of July we spent it as a family. We went to Colorado and had a family reunion. So many years have passed since we last got together so it really was a blessing. I love spending time with family and sharing my experiences that I was having on my mission! It was a wonderful experience, especially in Colorado on Ralph Lauren's (yep the famous designer Ralph Lauren) ranch. It was beyond gorgeous and everywhere you looked took my breath away. I love looking at nature and seeing the gorgeous Earth that our loving Heavenly Father made for us so we could live here to become like Him and gain in understanding. The weather was beautiful, everything about it was gorgeous. Going through the mountains listening to vocal points "All Creatures of our God and King" really helped me feel the spirit of peace and thanksgiving.

Im thankful to live in a free country, I'm thankful for the many people who are fighting or have given their own lives so we can celebrate our freedom. Im thankful for the beautiful Earth we have been given, for this beautiful land that we have to live in. Im thankful for my family and friends who have been given me so much support in these times. Im thankful for the missionaries around the world who are teaching the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Im eternally grateful for the gospel in my life and the blessings I have received personally, and as a family we have been given. I hope everyone gets the opportunity to understand the importance of the message that we have to the world.

Con Amor,
Sophia Blankmeyer

Fourth of July 2014 




No comments:

Post a Comment