Monday, April 20, 2015

Gifts of the Holy Ghost

"And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men." -2 Nephi 33:1 

***Work with part member families!!***

WOW! CRAZINESS CRAZINESS, that’s basically how I sum up this week. 

We had a yummy BBQ on last p-day with our zone and Cannon Zone. It was so fun and yummy!

Sister Blankmeyer, Sister Fernandez, Sister Henriques and Elder Lopez doing the "T" for Texas.
Tuesday we had a CRAZY windstorm... I don’t like Utah’s bipolar weather... but hey, it really reminded me of Mexico when I first got there. But yeah, we all ended up going home to change because our skirts where flying up, and that wasn't really the way we wanted to find new people to teach - hahaHermanaFernandez had her departure interview with President Spendlove, it was really crazy to drive because the winds were seriously terrible. We went to eat at a member’s home and by this time it was a dirt/rain/wind storm. Just disgusting as ever, and we were eating and all of a sudden....

SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Craziness, this was the conversation between HermanaFernandez (the member and me)
Her: Wow! It’s snowing!!
Me: NO WAY....
Her: Yes way! 
Then everyone laughed... it was a you-had-to-be-there-moment


Sister Blankmeyer with a snowman her landlord's grandson made 

Sister Fatani, Sister Blankmeyer, "Sister Fernandez" (snowman), Sister Aguilar, Sister Pula 
 We went to a Relief Society activity and learned how to make cream cheese for bagels, {Yes mom, I have the recipe, and yes: it’s in Spanish} Then we went on exchanges with the STL's. I finally got to go into the English program and stay with Sister Fatani (From the KINGDOM OF TONGA) We had many MIRACLESSSS that day. I love learning and helping others come unto Christ. I know the power of Exchanges: they open doors that were previously closed. It snowed so much, and it stuck. It was no fun, but luckily we had a lot of fun in the car and contacting people on the street {mainly me in Spanish}. There’s a ton of hispanics here and especially out doing things even when there’s snow. We had so many lessons that day, just back to back to back. I loved getting the chance to meet Sister Fataniand learn about her and her family. We both leave in July and our "dying wish" is to stick together, although we know it won’t happen. 




We FINALLY got a ward mission leader. We met with him and we all have a HUGE vision for this ward. It has such great potential; we will have a lot of work happening. I love having the help of a ward mission leader. Perla is still doing great, Irene is well too. Unfortunately, getting our investigators to church is the HARDEST part. We got ice cream with the Rojas before Sister Fernandez left. We met with Eugiene and he said he was praying for May 9th. His prayers are THE CUTEST! 

We met with the Garcia family, and Sister Gloria is doing well. She is recovering well; although she’s in a lot of pain. We have been praying for her. 

WE attended the Bountiful Temple for a recent convert going through for the very first time! We had an awesome session. I felt a ton of revelation and help that was needed. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and is pleased with what I've done. I love my mission and the opportunity to help people come to the temple. Edith is the lady we took and she’s the one from the General Conference picture. She's a sweetheart. I love this ward. 

Herman Blankmeyer's District with her zone leaders :) 

Elder Guerrero and Hermana Blankmeyer doing "Texas" 

Hermana Blankmeyer's District 

Hermana Fernandez's "Farewell" Dinner with the Barajas Family 

Bountiful Temple 

Hermana's at the Bountiful Temple 
Sunday was crazy because Sister Fernandez's family came to our ward, but they first appeared at our house and then we left to go to church. She stayed with us, Eugiene came to church! He was feeling a little sick, so next week should be better:) We taught the Gospel Principles class on Charity. I talked about how the mission has helped me develop that attribute of Christ. We went to a couple lessons with Sister Fernandez and her family, then we had a huge dinner party.
I'm staying here in the area with Hermana Pula and we are getting Sister Platt from Texas! 

Sister Fernandez's last sunday 

I'll stay here and finish training Hermana Pula and I'm asked to be the senior companion! It should be a GREAT transfer! I can’t believe I just have 12 more weeks! The time goes by fast, make sure you enjoy and love every minute of it. When seeing Sister Fernandez leave, it made me think of when I left to go home, and how long, yet how short, the time is here in the mission field. 

I love you all and wish you the best! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Blankmeyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment