Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mission of the Holy Ghost



"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

So we had TRANSFERS!! Sister Platt is back in this area where she started in spanish in November, she is from...

ALLEN, TEXAS!! 

some random facts we've figured out:
-she went to Allen High school and graduated in 2013
-Went to Collin College
-Performed in the same stadium at least 4 different times (me- drill team, her- marching band) 
-I worked the day she went through the temple
-I know some of her friends due to SYC
...and more

We visited Irene and taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We invited her to be baptized May 23rd! She prayed and said she would prepare for that day! 

Eugene was super sick this week. We asked our District Leader, Elder Lopez and his companion, Elder Speidel (Spiderman) to give him a priesthood blessing. It was really good and we all had the faith to help him feel better.

We saw Perla and taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We just wished she was able to come to church so we could help her progress more. Her family each weekend goes to Ogden and so they are never home. :( Maybe one day she will be here for the weekend and can come with her family!

I had an interview with my mission president on Thursday morning. I have been pushing and pushing because time is ticking here on the mission! I love this work more than anything I've ever done. I know I was sent to Mexico at that time to meet the people I did, and learn from them and have them shape me into who I am today. I know I came to Layton to meet certain people and that I am here in Rosepark doing the same thing. Learning from others and applying what I learn daily. I've prepared so long for this opportunity to serve. I have focused on the people, culture, and miracles that happen daily. I've pushed aside the pain for a long time. I knew I needed to submit my will to His. I went to the temple and took so many questions there. I felt like I wasnt receiving many answers. Then in this interview I told President that I needed to submit my will. He suggested June. The minute he said "I believe you need to go home in the June transfer" I felt the most peace and love I've ever really felt. That was the answer I had been searching for. This upcoming month of May is what I'll call "May Miracles" There are so many miracles coming our way. 

We read the Book of Mormon with Keren and it was really good. I'm super excited for them to be able to go to through the temple on May 23rd! I love that family so much and know good things await them. 

We went to the Family History Center with a member to start his family history work! We also had a coorelation meeting with...OUR WARD MISSION LEADER!! It finally happened and we are so thankful and work has been going and moving upward. 

We had zone meeting this week and talked about our SOE's for Rosepark. We have zone conference next tuesday and they asked if we wanted to do a special musical number and guess who is in charge of it? Yup, you're right....me. We will be singing "I know the My Redeemer Lives" with Hermana Pula's arrangement. 

We met with a young man who has been having a really hard time. It broke my heart to realize who it was and what had happened. But I am hopeful for him and his progress. 

We gave talks on Sunday, and thank you dad for a lot of the material I used. 

I have to go but I love you all so much and hope all is well. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Blankmeyer
Sister Nicolesora (Philippians) and Hermana Blankmeyer

Sister Fatani (Tonga) Hermana Blankmeyer and Hermana Pula (California) 

Sister Pearson (Ohio) and Hermana Blankmeyer 

Elder Bishop, Elder Armenta (Colombia), Elder Guerrero (Mexico), Elder Gamble-Thompson (Connecticut) and Hermana Blankmeyer 

Elder Gamble and Hermana Blankmeyer 

Herman Blankmeyer and Elder Tapia (Florida) 

Herman Blankmeyer and Sister Timuia (Tonga) 

Elder Gonzalez (Colombia/London) and Hermana Blankmeyer 

Herman Blankmeyer and Elder Carrillo (Arizona)  
Hermana Blankmeyer, Elder Perkis (England), and Elder Woosley 

Joe's dad, Joe, and Hermana Blankmeyer 

Hermana Pula, Elder Chacon (Guatemala), Hermana Blankmeyer 

Elder Reis Villas Boas (Brazil), Elder Kirkham 

Elder Barfuss (Canada), Hermana Blankmeyer 

Herman Blankmeyer, and the "car czar" Elder Tucker (Layton, UT)

Sister Johnson (Washington), Hermana Blankmeyer 

Sister Fortin, and Hermana Blankmeyer 

"Sophia's"

Elder Speidel looking fly in my cheetah print umbrella 


No comments:

Post a Comment