Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Book of Mormon












Please please PLEASE watch these videos every single day leading up to Saturday and Sunday and then tune in to GENERAL CONFERENCE where our prophet, and apostles for OUR DAY, will teach and guide us in the direction we need. 

We visited with a less active this week. She has a granddaughter that has been going through a ton of health problems. She is extremely worried and upset at doctors. I totally understood her frustration and we read a verse in the Bible. I helped reassure her that all is well and that peace should be in her heart.  She asked me to say the end prayer; the spirit was so strong. I was so guided by what was needed to be said. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be a representative of Jesus Christ and to constantly have His spirit to be able to guide me in this work. 

We visited another less active, in the Spanish ward. She was sick, so we quickly asked the elders to come over and give her a priesthood blessing. 

We taught a recent convert family, the Barajas, about the second coming. It was such a great lesson, more like a discussion, and I loved being able to learn from them as well as from the scriptures to try to find answers to their questions. 

We went to a session earlier this week at the Salt Lake City Temple. It was incredible. I love that temple for so many reasons. I always receive the guidance and spiritual nourishment needed there. I know that once I go home from my mission I will continue to "wrap" my heart and hands around the temple. For in there, we can receive the guidance, help, comfort, answers, and feel His love as we serve faithfully and strive to be covenant keepers. Going through the temple is beyond words. I loved being able to pray, read, and ponder in the Celestial Room. I would like to invite all those who have current recommends to go to the temple at least once before the end of this week. Those who do not, WORK to get there. I know it will be hard at times, but nothing is more worth it in this life than to get to the temple with your family. That is our whole purpose here on Earth. Prepare for it. 

We had a wonderful finding meeting. We gathered as a zone and were taught by a hilarious MLS couple from Salt Lake City. They taught us to be "pigs" not chickens...(there’s an inside joke that comes with that term)

We taught Irene the Book of Mormon. Sister Pula did a great job at explaining. We invited her to come to the General Womens Conference, but she was working :(  There is something different about her. I love her. There is something very special about her and I know one day she will be able to get her answer pertaining to: if the things we have been teaching are true. 

There is a family who is just going through a divorce. The kids are pretty young still and we are doing all we can to help the mother get the basement ready to rent. 

We went out with one of Sister Fernandez's returned missionary friends and we read the Book of Mormon with a less active man. We took Jocelyn (bishop’s daughter) out to show a less active the He Lives video. We visited another less active family and trying to help her son have a desire to get baptized and really understand the covenants he will be making through baptism. We are teaching a boy named Luis who is an awesome high school aged boy. He wants to know what’s morally wrong and right in the world. We are trying to help him get there to progress towards baptism. 

We had an awesome District Meeting. I had to help with a little training/role play and relate how prophets are like football coaches (for an elders investigator). It. Was. Awesome...

We had the opportunity to go to Temple Square and take the Barajas on a tour. The spirit was SO STRONG. We first let them see the model of the inside of the Salt Lake City temple, explaining about where they are going to get sealed. Then we took them to see the Christus and talked about how it is a commandment to get sealed for time and all eternity, and His love for them and His children on earth. Then we finished with God's Plan. In the last room, I lost it and everyone was crying. I explained that people like their family are the reason I'm here. To find Heavenly Father's children that need to have an eternal family. I love their family. We learn and grow together. 

General Women's Meeting is EXACTLY what it looks like in the Ensign. A MILLION girls ranging from ages 8-80+ walking to the conference center. It was packed with sisters and the spirit was so strong. I absolutely love being in the conference center for sessions. We are so lucky to have the opportunity to go with investigators, less actives, and recent converts. I'm super excited for the Saturday Afternoon session and Sunday morning, I know we will all receive the answers to our questions we have been searching for. I know Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and his counselors are men of God. It is so evident in the way they speak "by the power of the Holy Ghost" because they are angels, and they speak the words of Christ. 

The reason I love He lives so much is because it shows all paths of life, no importance on religion, race, gender, old, young, married, divorced, single, HE UNDERSTANDS. He lives and because He lives we are able to rise above sin and experience true joy. Because He lives, we can find his help and healing in our everyday lives. 

I hope everyone has a splendid Easter.  Please go check out the websites listed above and see what happened everyday leading up to Easter Sunday. Share it with your friends. 

I love my Savior and the Atonement He has performed for me and each of you. Remember, if you ever doubt, that HE LIVES AND UNDERSTANDS.

Con Amor,

Hermana Blankmeyer 









No comments:

Post a Comment