Friday, March 20, 2015

Spiritual Discernment

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy." -D&C 11:13-14
 
***VISIT PEOPLE WHO ARE EXPERIENCING CHANGES IN THEIR LIVES, SUCH AS MARRIAGES, BIRTHS, OR DEATHS*****
 
 
WOW! What a week it has been :) We saw so many miracles Monday night. We helped give service to some family we will be seeing tonight who needed to put a dresser in their kitchen. 
 
Transfers happened. It was Sister Fernandez's last transfer so we went to the stake center for transfers, saw some people that she wanted to get pictures with, and then we grabbed Elder Strother's car which is now ours (WAHOO!!).  We then quickly left to the training meeting at the Whittier building. It was so sweet to see 6 brand new missionaries coming into our mission. 5 sisters and 1 elder and 3 in Spanish!! It was really good because we needed more since a group of 16 just left and a TON were in the Spanish program. We are training Sister Pula! She is from Riverside, California and was born in New Zealand but raised in the best state there is. She is SUPER humble and I love learning from her. 
 
We have a baptism coming up soon!! Maximo is a great guy who has decided to get baptized this month! He recently had surgery too, so we are praying for him for a quick recovery. 
 
We visited Maribel, a less active who is really a great member. She reads her scriptures, and prays. We are trying our best to find a way for her to come and enjoy attending church with us! We contacted a lot of referrals that we had this week. It’s a little interesting learning 2 areas, but at the same time, it’s coming along great! 
 
Thursday night I got really sick. I had a ton of pain and barely could move. I went to the emergency room with Sister Fernandez and Fatani. I'm still recovering because my body is super tired from working overtime due to my stomach illness and pains; then I continue to being the busy missionary I want to be and know I can be. I got a priesthood blessing from my zone and district leader and the prayer moved me to tears. I think I've converted to Spanish blessings. They touch my heart a lot and I know I'll be better :)
 
I realized that I'm not 100% better in health; I don’t know if I ever will be. BUT I do KNOW that the Lord doesn’t need me to be at 100% to help share this gospel. He will lead and guide me and help me despite my health issues.  I love my Heavenly Father and know He is aware of me and my pains. I love my mission and these wonderful people the Lord brings me to teach. He truly is guiding this work; we need to submit our will to His; then and only then, can we be the instruments He desires. 
 
I love you all and thank you all for your sweet prayers and emails. 
Thank you Grandma & Grandpa for the letter and cookies
Con Amor y Salud,
Hermana Blankmeyer 

Hermana Pula, me, Hermana Fernandez and Sister and President Spendlove

Me, Herman Pula (our daughter) and Hermana Fernandez

 

No comments:

Post a Comment