Wednesday, May 6, 2015

"..I am Not Alone, because the Father is with me." John 16:32

This email will be a little different.

John 14:18, "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

I had a G.I. appointment this week and afterwards was super frustrated about what happened in the appointment. I met with my doctor.  He tried to understand where I was coming from and how my body was functioning. He suggested a colonoscopy.  I kept thinking I would have this procedure after my mission.  Nonetheless, it was scheduled for Thursday.  I was feeling good with the fact that it would give us more answers.  However,  I had told myself I wouldn't have this procedure on my mission because it would be asking a lot from members and taking me out of the work for an extended period.  Sister Spendlove and I called my mom and she said she was already coming out this weekend to Utah and that my grandparents could take me in and keep me at their home so it would be easier on everyone.  We decided since that was all perfect, it must be a part of a better plan so we went through with it.  We visited a couple people and went home to make a plan.

The next morning I woke up around 3:00AM with some really severe pain. I tried everything I could think of to take it away, once 4:00AM came I knew nothing was working and I needed more help. I asked Sister Pula to call Sister Spendlove. We went to the LDS Hospital over by Temple Square. We left around 7:00AM and I called my grandparents to take me to their home and that’s where I stayed until the colonoscopy. 

I loved spending time with my grandparents; it was truly a blessing. I know I was sent here in this time to be able to have them help me through this procedure. Everything is so beautifully orchestrated by Heavenly Father's divine plan. I know He is ALWAYS there with me through everything I do. There has never been a moment He has ever let me down or gone away. He is just as those parents by the side of the bed of their children whenever they need them, and He will never leave, not even for a moment. 

It was hard to be away from missionary life. I really wanted to be there to participate in zone conference. I love zone conferences so it really broke my heart that I wasn’t there for it. I studied my companions notes so I could stay updated with the things I need to apply. 

My mom came in Wednesday night and she helped me prep for the colonoscopy. No fun, but it wasn’t as bad as CT scan prep (at least I don’t think so).  She REALLY demonstrated patience and love this weekend with me. I really admired that and saw how much I looked up to her. She is such an amazing mom who has been through a lot. 

Finally, the day came. I was a little nervous and luckily we double checked on the hospital because we were told two different ones.  My mom’s a superhero because she figured out which hospital was the correct one. We got there and on time and then checked in, filled out paper work, got the IV started, and then I met with my doctor. He asked if I had any last questions. They hooked me up to all the lovely machines and then told me the anesthesia would burn for 3 seconds and I'd be out. It happened just like that; I don’t really remember how I woke up or when. I do remember getting in the car going home. I was so tired after that all I did was rest. 

I did get the opportunity to go with my parents and a less active in my ward to a former investigators baptism! It was really special and really powerful. I was so happy for him and the person he is! I know he will do great things.  It was super cool to have my parents there for that too! I'm so thankful for the gospel and the opportunity to get better and back to feeling like a missionary again. 

We came home and walked a lady's dog, Shelby.  While walking the dog we found some lovely ducks. It’s been really pretty here and LOTS of pretty roses all around. We had dinner at home, and finished weekly planning! 

Sunday we went to the Escalante ward and to the 14th ward. None of our investigators came to church, which means they all fell off date:( That was pretty sad considering I may not be here for some of their baptisms (since they'll be pushed until June).  However, Eugene and his mom were super sick and we stopped by after church, all of our set appointments on Sunday fell through but we had the opportunity to meet people we hadn’t met before.  We had a meeting and a yummy dinner (traditional El Salvadorian food).

I love you all and felt your love, fasting, and prayers on Sunday. I cannot thank you enough for that. I have SUCH a strong testimony of fasting and know that right now it’s best for me not to fast; I know that I can still pray with all my heart for a specific purpose and Heavenly Father will know of my will and intent.  He understands that if I could fast, I would.

Con Amor y Salud,

Hermana Blankmeyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment