Friday, May 22, 2015

Filling our homes with Light and Truth



my Compies and a little girl at the fair

Beautiful flowers from Brax

Busy on the new iPads.

Elder Price and Hermana Blankmeyer



 "And again, I say unto you, I remember my servant Oliver Granger;
behold, verily I say unto him that his name shall be had in sacred
remembrance from generation to generation, forever and ever, saith the
Lord.

 Therefore, let him contend earnestly for the redemption of the
First Presidency of my Church, saith the Lord; and when he falls he
shall rise again, for his sacrifice shall be more sacred unto me than
his increase, saith the Lord."

-D&C 117:12-13

We went to go see a part member family on Monday night. I think sister
Pula was put in this area at this time to meet him (the nonmember) and
help him commit to baptism. We sang "a donde me mandes iré" (I'll go
where you want me to go) and read 1 Nefi 3:7 (1 nephi 3:7) she just
asked that we pray for her two kids that are not active.

We went to Escalate to go visit a sweetheart investigator who calls us
"her girls". We talked to her about the plan of salvation. She suffers
from memory loss but she loves reading the Book of Mormon.  She has a
belief that we lived with God before we came to Earth and that we each
have a purpose here on Earth to prepare us to meet with God. She told
us about her concern and how she feels bad that she can't remember
anything we really teach. I felt inspired to ask her how she feels
when she reads. She told me "it really gets me" as she held her
wrinkly and delicate hands to her heart. She paused and started
getting teary eyed. She explained how she was begining to feel of its
truthfulness. I told her to pray and to remember how she feels. If she
focus on how she feels she will be able to truly understand these
truths we all knew before coming to earth. We were able to come back
the next day and read the Book of Mormon with her.  We read 3 Nephi 11.
She really applied it to herself and was able to feel the spirit
testifying to her that it was true.

We walked ALOT this week. There was maybe 1 sunny day if that? I hate
the rain but it was such a blessing to be able to get outside and walk
in the rain with my companions and do missionary work. It really
reminded me of Mexico when Hermana Guerra and I walked in the rain.

We got our IPADSSSSSS!!!! We were super excited. We had a LOT of steps
to go through since they have a ton of security and such. But it was
so nice to finally get it. I get to keep mine and they'll take off the
restrictions before I leave so it's not a "missionary iPad"

We had a lesson with a less active who is not progressing. She says
she wants to come to church but every time we offer her a ride she
says no. We talked it over, read the testimonies of the 3 and 8
witnesses of the Book of Mormon. She had a lot of good insight. She
says she reads and prays everyday (I believe she does) but she doesn't
want to understand the reason why we go to church. I'm the only one in
the companionship who has ever done a "drop talk" which is where you
just kindly let them know that we aren't able to come to her house if
she doesn't come to church. There are more people willing and ready to
receive this gospel and if she's not willing to progress and we are
always at her home.... She totally understood and we told her members
from church would be stopping by but we could probably only see her once
every 2 weeks.

We visited a less active in Escalate who is going through a really
tough time with her grandchild. We had the zone leaders and district
leaders both come to give her a blessing. They got to know her a
little bit and about the situation then she asked Elder Speidel to
give the anointing and my district leader Elder Lopez the blessing. It
was a really good blessing and the spirit was super strong. Then I
decided to share a scripture that all of us recieved in training 
last Friday on charity and love. I shared Moroni 7:45-48 :
And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and enviethnot, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
 46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
 47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

I told her I was thinking of her and her granddaughter. I told her sometimes we
get frustrated with our bodies or the way doctors work. I told her I
could relate. Not only myself but seeing the way doctors have treated
my family, and friends. But I then explained, if we have charity and
love for ourselves and our doctors. Heavenly Father will bless them in
the way that they need in order to perform the surgeries, tests,
amputations, etc that are needed for us to go and progress. It was a
really good lesson and I think she was able to apply such before her
trip.

I learned how to make Samoan graduation leis!!!! It's a tradition that
sister Pula was telling me about awhile ago. All of our appointments
canceled on us and now that I'm leaving I'm trying to show sister
Platt and pula who lives where and such so when I go they know
everything. We went to go see a member in escalate but he wasn't home
so we asked Alofa his neighbor and she said that he left to California
about a week ago and didn't tell anyone. She let us come in and her
sister was making some leis for her grandkids (I think). We helped
her. It's totally easy and I'm gonna make one for my FAVORITE graduate
this year!! So our dinner canceled on us so like every missionary
would do, we tried ordering pizza. Yes tried.... We went home and saw
a HUGE accident that completely knocked out the power
Like everywhere.
So we tried calling...and calling....and calling.....and
calling.....and then we just decided to eat at home. THEN the power
came back on and we called and got our pizza. But never again will we
call this place because we were all types of struggling that night.
The pizza did not help us feel better. Must have been in the oven when
the power went out idk.

We had a meeting with the auxiliaries in escalate. WARNING: DO NOT
TELL ANYBODY YOUR NAME. LIKE YOUR FIRST NAME. The branch presidents
wife doesn't call me Sister Blankmeyer. It's now, "Oh! Let's have
Sophia say the prayer since she's leaving us in 2 weeks" .....I never
had told anyone and the one time I tell, this is what I get. Hahah
anyways it was a great meeting on Sabbath day worship in the home. It
gave me a lot of great ideas and things I want to apply at school and
in my future home.

We FINALLY (I give him a hard time) had district meeting. Elder Lopez
had us give a training on making and keeping commitments. He joked
about how as missionaries we learn all the "will you...." questions so
that "one day we will ask the will you...marry me?" Hahah the whole
district laughed. I talked about promised blessings and promising
people specific blessings. It was a great and very spiritual training.

We were able to do some service and go represent the church at the
RosePark Fair. It was from 10-4 and we each had shifts. We did the
2:00 shift. It was raining and somewhat chilly. We had 2 people come
to our booth and grab some videos and candy. Then there was a man with
his 5 year old daughter. She asked if she could interview me for her
school. She asked my name and what I was doing here. Then she asked me
what i wanted to be when I grew up. I told her, I want to be YOU! I
want to be a reporter like she was. Then she looked at me and said "I
want to be YOU when I grow up. A sister missionary" it was darling. My
companion asked which ward he was attending and he said they were not
lds, but that they were thinking about it. We grabbed a photo with
her.

We went to a 21 year old young single adult, Arturo's baptism. It was
such a tender and amazing baptism. One of the most spiritual ones. His
mom (our investigator) wasn't able to make it but she came at the very
end and we grabbed her and set up a time to come see her.

Church was amazing as always. We got to go to the Escalante Branch
since we didn't have meetings in the morning. It was nice to see so
many less actives, investigators, and other people I've been working
with since January come to the branch. We talked about the prodigal
son and the Book of Mormon. Our Spanish ward was great too. Lots of
returning members, no investigators :/ but it was great nonetheless.
We are going to be reaching gospel principles Sunday May 31st on the
family is eternal so get ready for some teaching mom & dad :)

I was so blessed this week to be able to have the strength and the
health to be able to go out to work with my companions. Some days I
needed a little more rest in the morning but it's a HUGE improvement
since the beginning of this journey. I know that the Lord is very
aware of me and my desires to serve Him. My prayers, studies, and many
more aspects of the gospel have changed for the better and I'm very
thankful for that. I'm thankful for the ward fast that was held for me
to feel better. So many blessings that I feel. I feel your love and
support. I have such a strong testimony of this gospel and how it
changes lives and it's changed my life. I love learning and teaching
this. I dislike the fact that soon I will be released and not called
to serve anymore, but I rejoice in the fact that the mission starts
again soon. That the people I teach I will be apart of their lives
forever. I will come down for the sealings, baptisms, and other
ordinances. I cannot wait for the mission calls to start coming again.
It's a beautiful ending to a miraculous start.

I love you all

Xoxo
Con amor
Hermana Blankmeyer




No comments:

Post a Comment