Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!



"Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothersthat if they did not   doubt, God would deliver them." 
"And they rehearsed unto me the words of their motherssaying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."     (Alma 56:47-48)
HAPPY LATE MOTHERS DAY!!! 
Last pday we were going to visit a couple people.  I was holding the pamphlet and we knocked but they weren't home so we waited.  However, they ended up not coming home.  We were planning on teaching them the Plan of Salvation. So we knocked on the next door and contacted the lady that answered the door. We met her sons and were talking about how she has a wonderful and tight knit family and that it is from God and part of his plan. 
We had our iPad training meeting on cinco de mayo..... we get the iPads on Wednesday! We will only be using them to teach. We don't get the area book app and planner until June, and then online Facebook will be later.. It was a great meeting though, it was fun to see the whole mission. I gave sister Spendlove a mothers day gift since she's been with me through a lot, it seemed necessary. I had an appointment and as I was leaving the appointment my doctor walked out, asked my companions in the waiting room, "Is she your companion?" pointing to me.  I had no idea this was going on until an Elder told me congratulations, then my comps told me about what all had happened. They responded, "yes" and he said, "Congrats, you have the best sister missionary in the mission. LEARN FROM HER." It is so sweet to know my doctors truly want the best for me and the prayers I give on their behalf have been working. This week, a ton of our dinners fell through, thats never happened on my mission before, but I guess I needed the experience :) haha no. But, it was somewhat of a blessing because I needed to make sure my food was going to go well with my stomach. 
Now that it's spring, the roses are in bloom (literally) and people are coming and going. Some are coming and staying while others are starting to prepare to move. Lots of changes, and like I always say. EVERYTHING seems to happen once the six week transfer is starting to come to a close. We have a ton of people that want to be baptized, and going through the temple for the first time. WE are SUPER excited for it:) 
Sister Smith and I out in front of our house.

We went to Apollo Burger with Sister Smith from Layton! It was so nice to see her and eat at a really good place. It was crazy to see the Hein's there! Crazy to think Elder Hein comes home just 8 days after I do!  I'm happy to not be the only one coming home in June. Way crazy to think that the years have gone by so quick. 
We had service!! We do the Utah Food Bank every first Thursday of the month for the Escalante Elderly people. It is always a blast. We had a yummmmmy lunch from a sweet Samoan sister. 
I miss working in the temple. I realize it more when I'm asked about it. There is a sister going through with her husband on the 23rd and she was asking if what she bought was right. I'm super excited for that family. He has been investigating for around 5 years, got baptized 2 years ago, is planning on going through the temple (May 23rd) and getting sealed in January. He just recently got the priesthood and is the Elder's Quorum President, he is the best. He always listens to his scriptures and is such an example to his lifelong member wife. 
We had a great Zone Training meeting and weekly planning session. Answers to our prayers came when my body was having a really hard time. I called the pharmacy seeing if it was a reaction to the meds, because it had never reacted like that before. I was trying to find a member split. Sister Spendlove asked if I could go to the 4:00 appointment. There was no member who was available. I told her I've been pushing myself, but it would probably be better if I rested. We weren't sure of what to do. I just told Sister Spendlove that I could go, she told me to go but not participate and focus on "resting" while in the lesson. This lesson was so important. It broke my heart when she told me to go but not to participate. Then literally at 4:00, Sister Barker (the Escalante branch presidents wife) called and told me I could stay there. The Elders came and gave me a blessing and then I started feeling a little better. 

Sunday was such a sweet day to talk to my lovely mother on her special day! Once again. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! I love you so much mom and am so thankful for all you do for me. It was good to reflect on the first mothers day Skype we had in Mexico and this last one. Crazy I didn't cry;) Seriously I'm amazed at the person you are and who you helped me become. I'm a lot stronger and so thankful for you taking the word "can't" out of my vocabulary. We've had our fair share of ups and downs, but mainly ups. You always focus on the positive and try to help us in every aspect of our lives. Thank you for supporting me and for your letters each week. I hope to be like you when I have my future family.  I loved the FHE we had as kids to teach us the basics of the gospel. YOU really helped prepare me for the mission. I could write a million things and more about how much you've done for me and it wouldn't even begin to explain my gratitude for you.

I love you mommy! Te amo mucho mami
Feliz dia de las madres
Con Amor,
Hermana Blankmeyer  



No comments:

Post a Comment