Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Prayer

"Prayer is less about changing our circumstances and more about changing us. It is about seeking His will and asking for His help to do what we need to do." Elder Kevin W. Pearson

I went to the doctor for a checkup and they said all is well! So when I get home it's just a matter of time to find the foods that trigger the symptoms the most and stay away from them so I can keep doing the things I love most. I really enjoy the peace I feel at my grandparent’s home. Their home reminds me of the temple. I love them so much and their desire to help and serve me. I was talking to my grandma about her anniversary which is coming up in June. It was fun to hear the many stories that were shared. I love her and my grandpa. I hope to have a wonderful marriage one day like them. 

We taught missionary work and service to our sweet little buddy who's going to be baptized soon! He helped finalize the baptism details and we are super excited. He asked me to give a talk on the Holy Ghost and to sing a musical number. I chose "If the Savior stood beside me" it's one of my absolute favorites and he wanted it in English. We also are going to teach the restoration while he is changing :) 

I went to another doctor as a last follow up checkout kind of deal. He's a great doctor and I actually loved getting to know him. I invited him to come to my farewell talk on Sunday night. He said he'd be there. I'm excited :). We had a lesson in Escalate with a sweet investigator and Alofa (our member) came out with us. She invited such a sweet spirit that really contributed well to the lesson. I love when members come and help those who are in the process of learning. It shows genuine love and concern. We all should strive to help the missionaries in their sacred calling. It is not our work, but instead the members. We just have the dedication and time to do more of the work. But we have a responsibility to help. The Lord is hastening His work. I cannot wait to help others come to find the joy and peace I have gained thanks to this gospel!  I hope to continue to magnify my calling, attend the temple, and do what's required of me in order to help grow His kingdom. 

“I give unto you a commandment that you shall teach one another the doctrine of the kingdom.
“Teach ye diligently … that you may be instructed more perfectly … in doctrine, in the law of the gospel, in all things that pertain unto the kingdom of God.”

We were able to meet with some referrals we had been given. We gathered some return appointments, showed some videos and left with invitations. 

The next day was exchanges and I was feeling really bad. It was a different pain though. It felt as if I was bruised all around my abs and back. I was sore and felt so bruised. I prayed. Simply thanking Heavenly Father for the rest I had received, for another day as a missionary, and for the opportunity to learn from this trial. I stayed at a member’s home. I talked to her about certain things regarding her health and mine. I love sweet Sister Barker. While I was there, I was able to read general conference and see some Mormon messages. One really took me back. It's called The Hope of God's Light. Then I went to another home where the stake president’s wife would be my companion and she was hosting a baby shower for a less active in her ward. So many people were dropping off food and gifts that it started to scare Sister Starr. She thought no one would come. She was hoping I'd be able to help her and I did. A great number of people attended. It was nice to be able to see the influence of women coming together to celebrate a baby girl. I loved the opportunity to serve these women of all ages. It was a great experience and the stake president’s wife was thankful I could be there too. 

We had our music practice and it went over pretty well. I like to make things unique so I'm pretty sure it'll change by the actually baptism day. 

We read the Book of Mormon with two of our investigators. Then we were able to get into a potential investigator’s home! It was awesome. We almost met our goal of 3 new investigators this week. But I'm glad we got at least 2 because there was a time this area was lacking on people to teach. I have faith we will be able to find those ready to receive this gospel. They're God's children and He wants them to return home. I know I have a duty to leave this area better than I found it. I know that as I put my faith and trust in the Lord anything is possible. 

Today we were able to meet with a less active who's going through some hard times. I was able to listen and discern his needs and remember that Mormon message, The Hope of God's Light. He said that's exactly what he needed and that he was thankful we were there for him. We let him know that everything will be okay. God has a beautiful divine plan for each of us. Many times we think he is not there or has left us to be alone for a time when in reality - He is ALWAYS there guiding us and helping us. I have such a strong testimony of that. 

Friday was my last district meeting and weekly planning. This week I'll be at a session with all those departing (24 missionaries) at the SLC temple with our mission president and his wife. It was crazy and we (sister Loy and I) bore our testimonies since it was our last. It was good prep for next Sunday I guess, haha. We were able to teach a lot of new people on Friday. It rained a lot this week again and on Tuesday the mission will be taking a lot of the cars out of areas so we will not have a car this week. But I'm thankful for the opportunity to go out and be on the streets where there are people to talk to all around 

We went to the temple with the Barajas! It was amazing. I love the Salt Lake City temple it has such meaning for me and the opportunity to go and see such a family who I love so much go through the temple made me beyond words. Although I didn't teach Karen or Mario I did help them with getting to the temple. I love the temple and the guidance and joy it brings me. Temples have such a deep place in my heart. It's a wonderful place of refuge. 

We were able to teach the end of the plan of salvation to our investigator in Escalante and invited her to be baptized! She told us she had been thinking that and wondered when we would finally ask. June 6th is the date she wants to be baptized. So we will prepare everything in order for that to happen. We got to see a less active and talk to him about general conference. He's such a sweetheart and light to the world. We all love him dearly. 

Looking into this week as my last has me in a ton of mixed emotions. Mainly denial, haha. Today's my last pday. This is the last email and day to stress about everything I need to get done so I can be prepared to help the world. Tuesday, I have a follow up appointment with another doctor. Wednesday, a normal day of missionary work :) Thursday, I have my departure interview with my mission president. Friday, I have the temple all day. Saturday, I have a baptism and my parents come into town; and Sunday, I give a lot of testimonies, lessons, and leave my mission at 5:30 pm. 

Words can't even describe how much I love this work and area. The people have completely changed my life here in Utah and Mexico. I love the culture and have done everything I could do adopt it in me to better help the people here. I love the language. I know I'll continue to study it after so I may help Heavenly Father’s children in the future. I've had so many experiences and different challenges on my mission. My mission was NOTHING that I expected but everything I could ask for and more. I wouldn't change a second of it for the mission I expected a year ago. I have such a strong testimony of my Heavenly Father and how much He loves His children and guides them. I have a testimony on the importance of families and how they can be eternal. I know Heavenly Father calls prophets to teach and guide us. At a young age we were reminded that at general conference when the prophet speaks we need to act as if it was the Lord because "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." I know Thomas S. Monson on is our living prophet. I know the Lord came to the earth and established His church and that an apostasy was needed in order for it to be restored to the earth at the right time. I know Joseph smith was a prophet of God and he helped restored His church here on the earth. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is another testament of Jesus Christ. It contains and pertains to us everyday in our lives. The more we read it, the more guidance that is there. It was written 600 years before Christ, but could not be any more applicable than today. I have such a testimony of fasting and prayer. I know Heavenly Father wants to bless us and hears every prayer. He answers them in His timing. I know the plan of salvation was given to us to prepare us to meet God again. I know I lived with Him up in heaven. I know I chose my family and we all decided to strive to help one another when we came down to earth. I know that the things I do here are so important in my life now and the future. I know that we should have faith, repentance, baptism, having the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Blankmeyer 


No comments:

Post a Comment